We all love college. What isn’t there to love? Only a few hours of classes each day, no parents, and all the time in the world for ourselves. But, all that free time can lend itself to trouble when we use our time in the wrong way.
Here are some tips that can help you manage your time and succeed in all aspects of your college life:
- Keep a planner. Make sure that you put everything on it — even doing your laundry or taking a nap. You don’t want to forget the little things. If you know everything that you have to do for the day, and have it scheduled out, you’re more likely to get it all done.
- Prioritize. What is the most important thing/s you have to do for today? Be realistic and don’t try to cram too many things into one day.
- Learn to say no. You cannot possibly do everything all the time. It’s okay to skip out on chitchat with friends if that’s the only time you have to study for your exams or make your assignment. Learning to say no instead of agreeing and committing to a long list of things is so important.
- Know yourself. Are you a morning or a night person? When do you study best? Plan your schedule around your performance levels.
- Don’t forget the social aspects of college. While we are here to study and work hard, there is definitely a social part of college that even adults cannot ignore. So, make sure that you give yourself some time to have fun and enjoy the best four years of your life. At the same time, don’t go too crazy and forget about studying and work. Balance is the key.
- Release yourself from all distractions. In situations when work needs to be done, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are not your best friends. Unless those networks are benefiting your activities, stay away from them.
- Don’t stress. This is key to time management. If you spend a majority of your time worrying about time, nothing will get done. Instead, know that you have planned ahead and that you have time to get all of your things done.