I spent last summer (April-May, 2013) vagabonding in Butuan City, Cagayan de Oro City, Bukidnon, Iligan City, and Zamboanga City. It is GREAT to travel. However, I failed to save and allot some moolah for travel the past months so… So this time, I’m staying. At home, in Tawi-Tawi. This time, my travels would be limited to the almost daily commute from the house to the school and vice versa. Or from the house to the town proper and vice versa, when there is something I need to buy. But don’t get me wrong. I DON’T feel bad about NOT travelling this summer. I will be quite busy. There are many things that I NEED to do. I need to push for the creation of the student publication issue to be issued this June, for one. On top of that, I and my staff need to create a “not just another issue” issue. As the Editor-in-Chief, I want our next issue to be a literary work of art.
Major Goals this Summer
- Learn how to PRAY.
- Launch online shop.
- Create KAWASA (our campus newsletter) 2nd issue.
- Attend the 74th National Student Press Convention and the 37th Biennial Student Press Congress organized by the College Editors Guild of the Philippines to be held in Davao City this May 19-23.
- Perfect at least 15 YOGA poses.
- Participate in the #100HappyDays advocacy.
- Transform the backyard into a garden.
- Create Do-it-Yourself (DIY) projects.
Good Daily Habits to Form this Summer
- Eat breakfast.
- Drink 8 tall glasses of water.
- Take ferrous sulfate (iron) vitamins.
- Do yoga.
- Wear glasses.
You might think that my lists for summer are boring, but I am very excited about this. I love being productive and doing some tangible progress during summer. As a way to honor my plans, I will start waking up early tomorrow. And for this promise to NOT sound just like any other procrastinator’s promise, I will be more specific as to say I will start waking up before 5:00am tomorrow.
How about you? What are your plans for this summer? Do share in the comments below. 🙂
P.S. I will post an update regarding my summer plans every Sunday. So stay tuned, friends! Hope you have a great summer! ❤