Why, hello there, Stranger. Welcome to my blog. I am Della Matba,
23 24, clumsy, and socially awkward sometimes, a student in Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Technology taking up BS Biology Mindanao State University Tawi-Tawi College of Technology and Oceanography taking up Bachelor of Science in Statistics Bachelor of Arts in English. I am also the Kawasa Editor-in-Chief, the Sapa Mindanaw Editor-in-Chief, the President of the Anak Tawi-Tawi Youth Association (ATTYA), and the President of the Tawi-Tawi College Debate Club under the Be My Voice Foundation, Inc. Armed with optimism, determination, and gutsiness against the shiz of living in the third world. As a child I wanted to be an international spy or a ninja. Now I’m trying to make ends meet as a freelance writer.
I started this blog way back in 2010 to document my day-to-day blessings and misfortunes. The goal is simple – to look back on my life and know that I’ve laughed, loved, traveled, indulged, and savored each and every moment.
Here you’ll find my stories and experiences along with recipes, reviews, advice, random ramblings, and then some.
Wanna know more?…
I used to be afraid of taking risks, and I used to be perfectly happy with the status quo, where the stakes are small and the outcomes predictable.
That all changed when I reached a turning point. When events conspired to push me out of my comfort zone, I learned to trust things which are not sure.
And now I have decided to give myself to the moment, to take a leap of faith — to get what I’ve always been aspiring for.
This blog is going to be all about unapologetically chasing my own fudging dreams.
Some random facts about me:
- I’m choleric.
- I swim whenever I’m bored… or troubled.
- I drink coffee like it’s water.
- I don’t eat uncooked bananas.
- I’m not a fan of texting.
- I have commitment issues in almost everything. I can never settle for one thing for a very long time.
- If I’m always teasing and making fun of you, it means I consider you as someone in my inner circle of friends. So try not to get offended.
- Every time I need to write down the word ‘Wednesday’, I’d have to say wed-nes-day in my head.
- I love wearing boots.
- If I wasn’t in the writing industry, I would love to become a chef.
So there you have it. Hope I’ve shared enough, if not, too much information. 🙂