I can live without earrings, but not without bracelets. I want to share with you some of my current favorite arm candy pieces. Above are the kind of accessories I wear on a daily basis.
- Bead cuff I got from Friendly (Dipolog City) way back 2007. When I was still studying in MSU-IIT, my roommate in Iligan City borrowed this for her Miss IIT photo shoot.
- Bracelets with gold detailing I got from Abubots (Great Gaisano, Iligan City).
- Crystal bracelets I got from Abubots (Great Gaisano, Iligan City).
- Hot pink studded cuff I purchased from Zalora.
- Omax watch from Saudi. One of my grandmas gave me this.
- Rustic charmed bracelet I recently got from Pink Berry (MindPro, Zamboanga City).
Tokyo Love Shop sent me Tokyo Love Soaps! Hurrah for generous sponsors! 🙂
There’s so much rave about these soaps and I’m so excited to try all of them. I also want to try the Tokyo Love Shop Intensive Repair 24K Gold Mask and the Tokyo Love Parthenogenetic Stem Cell Cream.
Tokyo Love Soap Original, Tokyo Love Soap Girls, Tokyo Love Soap Professional, and Tokyo Love Soap Premium.
Tokyo Love Shop sent me four variants of their soap.
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♥ (The boxes are sturdy and does not deform easily.)
Scent: ♥♥♥♥♥ (The scent is so light. And since I’m a fan of rose scent, I love it.)
Price: ♥♥♥ (Quite expensive, but every soap is worth your penny.)
- Tokyo Love Soap Original ~ Php721.09
- Tokyo Love Soap Girls ~ Php813.65
- Tokyo Love Soap Professional ~ Php942.80
- Tokyo Love Soap Premium ~ Php1,022.45
Customer Service: ♥♥♥♥♥
Shipping: ♥♥♥♥♥ (Fast shipping. 3-4 days door-to-door delivery. Shipping rate is for Philippines but they ship worldwide.)
The Tokyo Love Soap Promise
I’m currently using the Tokyo Love Soap Girls. I’ve been using it for 6 days already.
1st Use: I left it for just about 3 minutes in fear of allergic reactions. My friends said that they felt an itching sensation which lasted for about 10 minutes after using the soap. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel an itching feeling at all. In the succeeding days I left it for about 5 minutes. I experienced micro-peeling on my elbows and knees. My skin feels very smooth after using it especially the face and shoulder area. My facial pores are more refined and I noticed that I have less white heads now.
I love lip products, especially lip balms. I cannot leave the house without swiping on a lip balm. I use it alone or under my Excel Paris Matte Lip Creme in Nude (505).
Anyway, a couple of days ago I received a parcel! Since I’m a big fan of anything Korean — I love KPop, I love Korean films, I love Kimchi, I sport Korean clothing brands, and I love Etude House — I was really in awe when I opened the package and I saw Korean beauty products inside! Big thanks to Hayan Korea for sending these over! 🙂
Hayan Juicy Lip Gloss in Strawberry & Hayan Moisture Lip Balm in Cherry
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥ (I love the packaging of the lip gloss but not much for the lip balm. The lip balms don’t have a difference in the packaging so you really can’t tell which flavor is which unless you smell them.)
Scent: ♥♥♥♥♥ (I looooooove the scent of both the lip gloss and the lip balm! <3.)
Price: ♥♥♥♥♥ (So affordable for beauty junkies on a budget.)
- Hayan Korea Moisture Lip Balm in Strawberry ~ Php80
- Hayan Korea Moisture Lip Balm in Cherry ~ Php80
- Hayan Korea Juicy Lip Gloss in Strawberry ~ Php135
Customer Service: ♥♥♥♥♥ (Polite and replies quickly to inquiries.)
With Hayan Moisture Lip Balm in Cherry
The cherry lip balm has a nice tint, a cross between red and pink. The color is not too much but not too light either. It’s just right, which to me, is perfect.
With Hayan Juicy Lip Gloss in Strawberry
The strawberry lip gloss is so shiny and the consistency is not too thick. I love it. ❤ Sorry, I’m not so good in taking selfie photos yet. 🙂
Some of the products they offer.
These are the products that I’m currently using in the shower. I’m a pretty simple, no-fuss kind of girl. It only takes me less than 30 minutes to shower, especially during weekdays. On weekends, however, it takes me about an hour because I like to pamper myself. I have three products that I wasn’t able to include in the photo collage above — Bench’s body wash, body scrub, and ultra hydrating lotion. I use these products during weekends because the smell and the lather makes me feel pampered.
- Tokyo Love Soap Girls – This is one of the four variants of the Tokyo Love Soap soaps that Tokyo Love Shop sent me (did that twist your tongue too? haha). This soap is the first one I used. I’ll make a detailed review of this soap one of these days. Anyway, awesome people behind Tokyo Love Shop, if you’ll chance upon this post, I also want to try the Tokyo Love Shop Intensive Repair 24K Gold Mask and the Tokyo Love Parthenogenetic Stem Cell Cream.
- Nylon Exfoliating Bath Glove – I got this hot pink one from Watson’s last March for just about Php50. This is a must-have in every shower caddy. Your body scrub will go a long way because you won’t be using it often, just for special occasions or when you’re in need of major pampering.
- PH Care Feminine Wash in Pink Passion – This product thoroughly cleanses yet still maintains the skin’s natural moisture. Need I say more?
- Glysolid Cream – I have very dry skin. I lather this product on right after showering so that it locks in my skin’s natural moisture. I like this cream because not only does it keep me super moisturized, it also gradually whitens my skin.
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste – I didn’t really buy this product because of its whitening promise. I like using this toothpaste because it doesn’t leave a stinging feeling in my mouth. I like the scent and the slightly minty taste.
- Nivea Whitening Deodorant – Nivea’s line of deodorant is the ONLY ever invented my underarm skin is compatible with. I have tried almost everything out there but they only made my underarms either dark or smelly even before 24 hours.
- The Schwarzkopf Extra Care Hydro Collagen Range – I’m experimenting with hair products (shampoos & conditioners) and I’m currently using this range. The shampoo lathers pretty well, has a light & clean scent, and it cleanses without drying out my hair. I can’t say much about the conditioner though. It is so thick that my nape feels hot and thus, sweats, just minutes after I use it.
- Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Ageing Cream Cleanser – I have always been a fan of mild yet effective cleanser brands like Cetaphil, Clarisil, and Celeteque. When I went to the Personal Care corner of Midway Plaza, there wasn’t any cleanser available of the brands that I’m used to. My mom is a fan of Olay products so I thought, why not? There was a foaming cleanser but I chose the cream cleanser because based on experience, foaming cleansers aren’t really that effective. Well, at least on my skin.
How about you? What’s in your shower caddy? What bath & body products can’t you live without?
The past few days, R and I went out to eat. For breakfast, lunch, or brunch, and dinner. So we thought, why not review restaurants and eateries in Bongao, Tawi-Tawi? Tawi-Tawi is attracting more tourists now, and I have a blog anyway. And we were like, why not review hotels and inns, too? It will go like this – restaurant/eatery, their best dish, the good thing and the bad thing (customer service, pricing, etc.). For hotels and inns it will go like this – hotel/inn, amenities, the good thing and the bad thing (customer service, pricing, etc.).
Get out of bed early. That’s right, it’s all about shaking off the sleep and jumping out of bed. This is the #1 thing successful people do every morning. This separates them among the rest of mankind because admit it, getting up early in the morning takes a great deal of willpower. Our mistress the bed is just so warm and cozy, begging us to stay, never letting go. I used to wake up at 3am (for exams and academic competitions) or at 5am (during normal days). Now I wake up usually around 8am. I don’t know what happened.
As concern brothers and sisters, the Mindanao State University Alumni Association Inc., Tawi-Tawi Chapter volunteered as a convenor, initiated the formation of a multi-sectoral group in the Province of Tawi-Tawi from Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), Peoples Organization (POs), National Government Agencies (NGAs), Local Government Units (LGUs), Academe/Students and other individuals to organize a humanitarian project dubbed as “DAGAN KALNA’ SAMBUWANGAN”, or RUN FOR ZAMBOANGA.
The project aims to mobilize organizations and individuals local, national and abroad in the form of sponsorship to run for the cause of Zamboanga and to raise funds for the purpose and donate the funds to the coordinating committees addressing needs of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Zamboanga City. – Zamboanga Times
Here’s the route of the run.
Photo credit: Basil Sali
The hand (plus cigarette butts and makeup brush) painted t-shirt.
Raja and I during the run.
Photo credit: Jimjim Hassan
While in the run. 😉
Arrival at the Provincial Capitol.
During the Hataw.
Photo credit: Basil Sali
After the run.
With Sir Filemon Romero, World Wildlife Fund Tawi-Tawi Chairman.
Oh by the way, we sell t-shirts like this for only Php350. Proceeds will go to the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Zamboanga. For inquiries, please contact Mr. Raja Aming either by sending him an email (email@example.com) or by sending him a Personal Message (PM) in Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rajalakandula.aming).
A total of 1,454 registered runners participated and had raised over P250,000 fund, according to MSU Alumni Director Basil Sali.
Turnover of cheque amounting to PhP250,000.00 to the Zamboanga City Crisis Management Committee represented by City Administrator Mr. Antonio Orendain, Jr. In the photo are Engr. Rosendo Reyes, MSUAA Tawi-Tawi Chapter President, VP Romeo Taup, BOD Faizal Nahul, Chancellor Lorenzo Regellana Reyes, Director for Alumni Relations Basil Sali, and Mrs. Ayda Amilbangsa Reyes together with Dante Corteza of Zamboanga Times and Jewel Reyes of ABS-CBN. – Basil Sali (photo credit goes to him too)
There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up. – John Holmes